Mount Kinabalu Part 3: Three Mistakes that I made!

Hello.

As a newbie in hiking, especially hike in a high altitude, I found that I did a lot of mistakes.

I do some reading from the experiences bloggers but, I missed some of the points. However, I found that there are three things that I should alert in the future.

Firstly, don't ever BROUGHT OR WEAR COTTON SHIRTS. Some of people might argue with me. But, it is okay. But, me personally feel that wearing a cotton type so comfortable until I forgot that I'm going to do hiking above 1000m from sea level. So, what was happened? It such a heavy things that  I need to carry. If I wear the jersey type should be more lightweight and easy to carry and for sure can save you space in your bag.

Secondly, why I BROUGHT STANDARD BACKPACK? I should use hiking backpack bag around 20 liters for two days one night for Mount Kinabalu hiking. If I'm using hiking bag, there are special strap that able to support your chest and your back. It is so useful because I have to climb up to 6KM from Timpohon Gate. Thus, I should take note on this.

Thirdly, BROUGHT TOO MUCH SWEETS also part of the mistakes that I made. Some people might disagree with me. Instead of having a sweets or chocolates, I was thinking to bring electrolyte drinks, or 100plus or energy gel. Sweets somehow is working for some other people. But, I tried to consume sweets but it makes me want to drink a lot of water. I know we have to stay hydrated but I drank not as per standard requirement. Ahhh I did this kind of mistake.

Different people might have a different views. Hence, different people might have different choice. After I did my readings and trying to follow the guides, still I found there are some elements that I need to consider in the future.





Articles les plus consultés